Job Number: 29640
Salary / Pay Rate: $95,000.00
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with extensive experience in audit firms and an in-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and compliance of financial reporting, including management accounts, financial statements, and notes disclosures. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Preparation and Review of Monthly Management Accounts and Financial Reporting Packages:
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts in compliance with both IFRS and US GAAP.
- Include insightful commentary to explain variances and trends.
Month-End Closing Activities:
- Oversee the month-end closing process, reviewing submissions from operating companies and divisions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Financial Statements and Notes Disclosures:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP, including the development of comprehensive notes disclosures.
Budgeting, Forecasting, and Planning:
- Contribute to the budgeting, forecasting, and planning process by providing financial expertise and insights.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Maintain open communication with business unit leaders and key partners, addressing accounting and financial close issues and deliverables.
Accounting Policy Implementation:
- Lead the implementation of accounting policy changes in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other reporting systems, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Accounting Policy Expertise and Training:
- Provide accounting policy expertise and training to various stakeholders across different departments, including Finance, IT, Procurement, and Operations.
Technical Accounting Memos:
- Research and prepare technical accounting memos to address complex accounting issues and provide guidance to the organization.
Internal and External Audits:
- Prepare for and respond to both internal and external audit requests, ensuring all financial records and reports are well-documented and in compliance with auditing standards.
- Perform and evidence Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls as required, ensuring the integrity of financial reporting and adherence to internal controls.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in auditing firms, with a strong understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Proficiency in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and accounting policy implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and internal audit processes is a plus.