Specialization: Information Technology
Job Number: 28644
Salary / Pay Rate: $250,000.00
About Our Client:
This Global Communications company is looking for a Senior Principal Architect - Big Data Platform to join them in a full-time permanent position.
- Be able to lead the architecture design of one or more core systems in the big data domain
- Be able to generate insights from the industry and academic trends of big data analytics, and propose technical strategy and roadmap
- Be able to influence stakeholders on technical planning and investigation direction for their big data solution
- Be able to understand both internal and external customer requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Act as a technical leader of our global team and lead the technical team to complete end-to-end delivery
- Mentor and lead fellow developers;Review team member's code merge requests and ensure high-quality code delivery
- Organize different internal/external workshops to present the team's solution and build technical influence
- Generate intellectual property such as patents and trade secrets from research findings
- BS, MSc, or PhD in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering
- Not only using big data applications for business success but more importantly, has hands-on experience in any kernel feature development or optimizing the performance for bigdata engine/database, such as Presto / Trino, Spark, Flink, Hive, HBase, Clickhouse, Postgresql, Mysql etc.
- Experience in performance optimization via software-hardware co-design is an asset, such as CPU, GPU, DPU, ASIC, FPGA, etc.
- Familiar with mainstream big data-related technologies and distributed frameworks
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, strong programming skills in Java or C/C++, including in-depth knowledge of object-oriented design
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of a bigdata related system
- Experience as a PMC member or committer in an open-source big data project is an asset
- Experience as a mentor, and team leader who can lead the team to overcome challenges
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills to lead a global team and leverage resources from the industry and academy