About Our Client
Our client specializing in cloud communication, is looking to add a Python Back End Developer for a full-time and permanent position. This role is fully remote anywhere in Canada and comes with an amazing benefit package.
● Expertise in Python and Web Frameworks
○ You must be proficient in the Python programming language and have in-depth
knowledge of at least one Python web framework, such as Django or Flask. You
should be able to leverage these frameworks to build robust and scalable
● Understanding of Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) Libraries
○ You should have familiarity with ORM libraries, which facilitate the interaction between
the application and the database. Examples of popular ORM libraries include
SQLAlchemy and Django ORM.
● Knowledge of Front-end Technologies
○ Whilst you will primarily focus on the back-end components, they should have a basic
knowledge will help you collaborate effectively with our front-end developers and
ensure the seamless integration of front-end and back-end components.
● Security and Compliance
○ You should have an understanding of security and compliance standards. You should
be able to implement authentication and authorization mechanisms, ensure data
protection, and comply with accessibility and security regulations.
● Scalable Application Design
○ You should have a good understanding of the fundamental design principles behind
scalable applications. You should be able to design and implement solutions that can
handle increased user load and adapt to changing requirements.
● Version Control and Code Management
○ Proficiency in version control tools, such as BitBucket, and the integration with the
JIRA suite of products is essential for all our developers. You should be able to
oversee branching, merging, and resolving version control issues, collaborate with
other developers, and maintain code integrity, whilst utilizing industry-accepted tools
such as Jenkins and SonarCube with your deep knowledge of and experience with
CI/CD. Deployment of code via containerization tools such as Docker or Kubernetes is
● Additional Skills and Technologies
○ Being open to learning and working with additional frameworks, libraries, or
technologies related to our development stack is important. This may include
expanding your knowledge of specific databases, cloud services, or deployment tools.
Collaborate effectively with front-end developers, UX/UI designers, QA Engineers, and
other team members to deliver integrated solutions. Familiarity with cloud platforms,
(AWS) and API gateway controls are also deemed essential.
● Education and Certification
○ While a formal education in computer science or a related field is not always required,
it can be beneficial as a developer. Certifications in Python or related frameworks can
also enhance one's credentials.
● Work in a team environment
○ You must be able to work in a team environment, with all your team members working
remotely. Collaboration in a “work from home” team is critical to successfully
delivering on projects.
○ Being a self-starter with the ability to efficiently manage multiple assignments and
deadlines is critical to the success of the role.
○ Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes.
● Canadian based
○ You must be Canadian-based and have the right documentation to work in Canada.
● Writing and language skills
○ The ability to read, write, and speak English is required as you will be interacting with
internal and external stakeholders.
○ This is not a junior or beginner position and proven work experience in software
development and as a Python Back End Developer is mission critical.