Job Number: 26887
Salary / Pay Rate: $175,000.00
About the role/firm:
You will lead the charge to ensure that the Company’s production processes are on the leading edge of safety and efficiency, manage costs most effectively and inspire constant improvement with the use of automation and information technologies.
Equally, you will exercise leadership in all matters as it relates to Health, Safety, Security and Environment as well as Human Resources. In this key leadership role, you will develop and maintain a well-trained and motivated Team which enjoys a high degree of esprit de corps. As well, you will foster open communication at all levels to ensure a unified organization.
As the Plant Manager of the first facility of a first-of-kind renewable fuels company, you will be the focal point for developing and streamlining methods and procedures, improving the bottom line, and constantly championing continuous improvement in all aspects of plant operations –promoting a learning organization.
Assists in the establishment and ensures compliance the Firms short-term and long-term goals with overall Corporate objectives.
As well, you will be responsible to establish and maintain positive community relations, epically with the Walpole Island First Nation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional leadership to the plant staff
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient plant
- Establish, direct and validate plant policies and procedures
- Responsible for plant production goals
- Responsible for establishing production schedules
- Responsible for the product quality control for the plant
- Responsible for communicating regular status reports to the Corporate office
- Coordinate with Corporate Operations to ensure proper coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping of raw materials and finished products
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers toward their professional development as their mentor
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff
- Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff
- Conduct and ensure that regular employee performance reviews are conducted
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Direction of plant operations requires significant manufacturing knowledge as well as advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- The ability to work independently and with minimal direction is paramount and you must possess the following skills:
- Strong learning, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong confidence in own abilities and a willingness to make decisions
- Orientation towards continuous improvement and a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Excellent work prioritization skills
- Must have keen interest in emerging technologies and being part of a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial young company
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with a post graduate degree in business management
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a role as Plant Manager in the petroleum, petrochemical, pharmaceutical or a like industry
- Keen ability to understand and use financial reports as a management tool
- Ability to monitor expenses, review P&L and Production Summary to budget and initiate corrective actions as required
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of training and maintenance programs
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization as well as the public
- Demonstrate a proficiency of the English language in reading, writing, and speaking
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computers and business related software
- Qualifications in Six Sigma or Kaizen will be an asset