Job Number: 29620
Salary / Pay Rate: $95,000.00
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for their Production Team. This is a permanent, full-time, on-site position based in Mississauga Ontario. Reporting to the Director, of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading production engineering projects and supporting their continuous production line. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead manufacturing-related quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- As an escalation path, support the maintenance team in the troubleshooting of automated manufacturing equipment comprised of electrical/mechanical/controls-related problems and implement solutions/improvements.
- Develop, lead, and manage projects involving new equipment/technology research, design, installation, movement, retrofitting, and/or modification.
- Develop, maintain, and improve operating policies, operator instructions, standards, and best practices.
- Perform engineering studies to improve and measure efficiencies through the development of LEAN and automation solutions.
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives focused on manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Drive manufacturing efficiencies by analyzing workflow, space planning, equipment layout, and the removal of non-value-added processes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost and inventory reduction activities.
- Address systemic quality issues resulting from the manufacturing process including those that may arise from material handling, shipping, assembly, etc.
- Participate in the design and development of new products, ensuring design for manufacturability.
- Work with the maintenance group to identify preventative and predictive maintenance practices.
- Design and procure in-house solutions and equipment.
- Contribute to the development of an industry 4.0 environment, connecting existing equipment and tools to ERP software.
- Degree or Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing/implementing automation projects within a continuous manufacturing and assembly environment.
- 3+ years experience with PLC/HMI/SCADA integration, programming, and troubleshooting.
- 2+ years experience with end-to-end automation assembly is an asset.
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks) is an asset.
- Strong written (documentation), verbal communication, and collaboration skills.
- Professional, creative thinking, team player with the ability to handle multiple projects with the use of effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to understand and be creative with the mechanics of machines.
- Work well in a team environment, actively working with and supporting production line operators and maintenance technicians.