Job Number: 26890
Salary / Pay Rate: $120,000.00
About the role/firm:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position directs and coordinates all the maintenance activities associated with the FORGE Sombra plant, buildings and equipment while ensuring safety, efficiency and budgetary control.
In this role, the Facilities and Maintenance Manager acts as a technical subject matter expert in the areas of equipment function, maintenance and project integration for the FORGE Sombra Operations Team. A key aspect of this position is to utilize these skills to develop and train the Firms Sombra Operations Team.
This should be a brief statement of job purpose or objectives. Job overview.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and supports the concepts of “learning organisation”, “continuous improvement”and “teamwork”. Assists in the supervision and coordination of activities of the Firms Sombra Operations Team, as appropriate.
- Control and coordinate day-to-day activities to ensure efficient plant operations when acting as “Duty or On-Call”manager.
- Utilizes primarily outside resources to coordinates and manage all of the facility and plant maintenance activities in a safe, environmentally sound and cost effective manner.
- Develop and maintain an effective, fully integrated maintenance program at the Firms Sombra facility that includes:
- Corrective maintenance
- Preventative maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Work with vendors, contractors and internal resources to create best practices.
- Plan, coordinate and execute maintenance shutdown activities.
- Assists in the annual budget planning process and regularly monitor expenditures.
- Ensures all safety and environmental systems are maintained properly and safety concerns, work orders are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Key management member of JHSC.
- Utilizes technical knowledge of plant and equipment to help improve operational efficiencies, up-time of plant equipment and overall effectiveness of plant operations.
- In conjunction with other functional managers, assists in the development and implementation of the Firms Sombra specific business process management procedures.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Operations Work Instructions (OWI)
- Ongoing review/validation of SOPs and implementation of updates ensuring best maintenance practices included.
- Implementation and compliance of the Quality Assurance program as it related to the maintenance function.
- Utilizes expertise as a key role in the development and execution of the Firms Sombra Training Program:
- Initial training for all new employees
- Continuous, Refresher and Advanced training
- The Firms Sombra certification program for each position levels
- Ongoing HSSE Training
- The Firms Sombra operational evaluations and exercises
A list of the major duties of the job, in order of priority or importance.
An indication of responsibilities for people, results, and organizational assets, including cash, tools, equipment and facilities, along with spending or budget authorities attached to the job.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
This position requires a technical degree, in engineering or a similar mechanical related discipline and a combination of 10-15 years of maintenance management and supervisory experience.
The ability to work independently and with minimal direction is paramount and possesses the following skills:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Excellent work prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills