About Our Client
Our client, a prestigious law firm downtown Toronto, is looking for a Legal Assistant for their Intellectual Property Department. The right candidate will have a strong sense of initiative and work well both individually and as part of a team. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are seeking an amazing experience from an exciting firm.
* Conducting searches for and downloading patents, trademarks, and designs, using foreign and domestic databases, as requested by the lawyer.
* Processing expense reports, outgoing fee payments, and incoming client payments.
* Filing submissions with CIPO, the USPTO, and WIPO via fax, courier, and online tools
* Checking all docket entries, ensuring data is correctly entered and maintained, requesting changes and follow-up dates as needed, generating docket reports, and tracking all deadlines
* Contacting Intellectual Property Offices, including CIPO and the USPTO
* Drafting, preparing, formatting, and revising all correspondence and submissions for Intellectual Property Offices in Canada, the US, and elsewhere
* Legal Assistant Diploma
* Knowledge of Pattsy and iManage or comparable document management system
* Minimum 5 years of experience as a Legal Assistant in an Intellectual Property group
* Experience with Patent and Trademark is required
* Strong time management and prioritizing to meet important deadlines with effectiveness and efficiency
* A willingness to take on any task as needed to support the lawyer's practice
What is in it for you:
* Outstanding vacation package
* Full benefits as of day one
* Professional development opportunities
* Hybrid work environment