Specialization: Skilled Trades
Job Number: 29474
Salary / Pay Rate: $90,000.00
Our client is seeking an Industrial Electrician to support their Troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance teams. This is a permanent, full-time, on-site position based in Mississauga Ontario. Reporting to the Maintenance Group Lead, key responsibilities include:
- Perform electrical installations and equipment modifications.
- Perform preventative (following a PM schedule) and predictive maintenance on equipment.
- Install and debug automated industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Utilize schematics and electrical drawings to debug equipment quickly and accurately, identifying the root cause of failure and identifying solutions.
- Debug equipment through trial and error when technical drawings are unavailable.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues first on breakdown (without the use of mechanical drawings).
- Work with operators to identify and rectify issues and implement production improvements resulting in increased efficiency and savings.
- Provide support to members of the maintenance team as required.
- Participate in company-wide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety, CSA, and ESA standards.
- 442A or 309A Industrial Electrician license.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot industrial automated production equipment consisting of AC & DC drive systems, VFDs, Servomotors, Network Communications, HMI’s, Vision Systems, etc., and identify the root cause of failure.
- 5+ years of related manufacturing industry experience.
- Machine safety circuit category (1 through 4) experience.
- Panel wiring experience, including conduits and wireways.
- Experience working with voltages up to 600V and currents up to 1, 000A.
- Basic knowledge of PLC troubleshooting is preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical issues without the use of technical drawings.
- Minimum Class III safety implementation experience.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.