Job Number: 29639
Salary / Pay Rate: $135,000.00
We are seeking a highly qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with direct experience in the construction and building materials industry to join our team as a Controller. This position plays a crucial role in contributing to the overall business strategy, ensuring financial integrity, and driving operational efficiencies within the Business Unit (BU). The ideal candidate will have strong financial acumen, exceptional analytical skills, and a deep understanding of the industry.
Contribution to Business Strategy:
- Actively participate in the strategic, operational, and tactical activities of the BU.
- Collaborate with the BU Management Team to contribute to the overall business strategy.
Financial Analyses and Decision-Making:
- Conduct financial analyses and participate in management decisions to achieve business objectives.
Financial Statements and Budgets:
- Maintain the integrity of the BU financial statements, forecasts, and budgets.
- Create full financial transparency for all stakeholders and recommend appropriate courses of action when results differ from the plan.
- Ensure controls are in place to safeguard the company's assets.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Lead, manage, and execute the financial planning and budgeting processes of the BU.
Compliance and Education:
- Ensure BU compliance with accounting and financial policies (IFRS, A/R, Inventory, Capital Expenditures).
- Educate BU Management and Staff on financial processes and policies, driving process improvements.
- Understand the business, operations, key drivers, and success factors.
Cost Control and Reduction:
- Challenge management and staff to drive operational efficiencies and accurate forecasting.
- Focus on cost control and reduction initiatives and address unfavorable variances in a timely manner.
Working Capital and Cash Flow Management:
- Assist the General Manager (GM) and team in working capital and cash flow management to ensure financial stability.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- Direct experience in the construction and building materials industry is highly preferred.
- Proven financial management and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to educate and influence stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of financial policies and compliance standards.
- Understanding of working capital and cash flow management.
- Ability to drive process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Minimal travel availability as per business needs.